How to do a hardstyle plank?
- Step 1: Lie down on the floor on your stomach.
- Step 2: Prop yourself up in a forearm plank position.
- Step 3: Align your elbows under your shoulders.
- Step 4: Put your palms in fists.
- Step 5: Keep your forearms parallel to each other.
- Step 6: Hold for 10 to 20 seconds and repeat.
How does the hardstyle plank help you get abs?
The plank puts all the muscles in your body to work – especially the core. Core muscles are the most important to train if you want to get abs. A plank is a complete exercise as it exercises your quads, glutes, back, fists, arms, forearms, stomach and even your neck.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.